Tuesday, September 23, 2008

wake up now OR life goes on

I never wanted to be a cheerleader. At least I have no memories of wanting to be a cheerleader. I remember after middle school orientation I did go in my room and practice dance routines but they were all to songs from that album by Aqua. I know that I didn't choreograph a song to "Barbie Girl" but the names of the other songs on the album now escape me. I have now remembered them via google:


Choreographing a dance to this song is actually as close as I ever came to wanting to be a cheerleader. After this phase I immediately started dying my hair pink and looked at that as enough. I didn't have time to be a cheerleader because I was mourning the death of Kurt Cobain, who had already been dead for years.

I was not really a teenager in the 90's, and it turns out because of this, I really lucked out. I could have ended up like Kelly Martin. You remember Kelly Martin? She was Becca Thatcher on one of the best shows ever, Life Goes On
it was years before I realized that the Life Goes On theme song was not written specifically for the show. You'll have to give me a break on this one, this was at the age of 5 or 6. But ANYWAY

Things really went downhill for Kelly Martin, not because her boyfriend was HIV positive or because her television show was canceled, but because Tori Spelling would not let her join the cheerleading squad:

No comments: